For the Summer travel series.. lets start with makeup!
I am determined to travel as light as possible on this trip. Mainly because I’m not going for that many days so there is no need to overpack. With makeup, I have placed everything in a clear plastic cosmetic baggie that was a freebie from Shiseido. I chose a clear bag because if I’m going to be sharing a room with other girls, most likely their going to bring their makeup as well. To prevent me from sprawling all my products on the counter I can just leave everything in the bag and not have to take it out because I see everything inside already! Saving space and time from when it comes time to pack and leave.
- MAC – Style Frost blush (since we’re going to be out in the sun, I wanted a more orangey/coral blush)
- NYC blushable Creme Stick – Urban Spice (bronzing stick to fake that bronzed look before I get my own natural tan. ahah I’m actually not sure if this was discontinued)
- Lioele – Beyong the Solution BB Cream (didn’t want to take a foundation with me because I probably won’t want to wear any. But this BB cream will work for day and night because theres no SPF. During the day I will have to put on something with higher SPF anyway so bringing a BB cream/Foundation with SPF in it wouldn’t do much good as to how versatile the product will be.
- PUR – 4-1 Pressed mineral Makeup – Light (Instead of bringing my regular powder, bringing a mineral powder or powder foundation is great for when you’re on vacation. It gives you the option of being lazy and not have to fuss over your face makeup in the morning. This PUR mineral face makeup gives good enough coverage to cancel out redness and minimize the looks of pores. If you want fuller coverage then simply use a concealer with it and TA-DA light make up for a beach day.
- NARS – Orgasm Illuminator – (Gorgeous highlighter to use with a sun kissed complexion.)
- Physicians Formula- Conceal RX – Natural Light (Since both my face makeup is not very high in coverage, of course I need to compensate by bringing a higher coverage concealer for when I want to be more made up … like for dinner or something)
- Physicians Formula Eye BOOSTER Eyeliner – ( Pretty self explanatory, my fave liquid liner right now so of course it would be my eyeliner of choice to bring on a trip.)
- Covergirl – Liquilineblast – Black – (For the most dramatic eye look, a pencil liner is a must)
- Majolica Majorca – Lash Enamel Glamorous Volume On Mascara – Black ( since I’m going somewhere thats going to be hot hot HOT! I am definitely brining a mascara that will stay put)
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Glitter Liner – (just for fun, might not even use it. BUT if I get the chance to use it on a night out then I definitely will.)
- Sonia Kashuk – Tongue in Cheek – 15 (used for a more sultry night time look)
- Too Cool for School – Party Time (I bought this in Korea and I have no idea what the color name is. But I love this for day time and just bring with me for on the go because there is the cream shadow base on the bottom and two shadow colors that I use on a daily basis on top. Its compact so its perfect for traveling.)
- MAC – Mineralize Eyeshadow – Fresh & Mint – (Fun colors that can be pulled off during vacationing by the beach with a pop of blue/pink on the lower lash line. )
So that concludes the Summer trip makeup that I will be bringing on my trip. What products do you bring? Got any good suggestions? Let me know! Next post will be on Skincare!
When do you guys go on your summer trip? Beginning, middle, or end? I personally like going at the end of summer probably because thats when my family usually goes.. and because its my birthday month!
Usually we take a family trip to Vegas because 1. I live in LA 2. I’m chinese so my family like to gamble! We’ve been going to Vegas for my birthday for as long as I can remember. Funny enough though, my 21st birthday was the last time we went as a family along with my friends and thats gotta be one of the most fun Vegas trips I’ve had.
For this year though, I had the option of continuing the tradition and do a Vegas trip again or do something more adventurous, more out of my comfort zone. I’m the type that likes familiarity. The unknown kinda scares me. BUT I have decided this year to go to Los Cabos, Mexico.
Originally I intended this to be a girls trip with a bunch of my girl friends but as we’re all grown up now and have responsibilities most of the girls were unable to go. So its only going to be my best friend and one of my cousins. Even though its only going to be the 3 of us, its still going to be a blast 😀
Doesn’t that just looks ahmazing?! I can’t wait to be able to relax and just chill by the poolside. I have a insane schedule for the next coming months and I’m going to take advantage of this trip to relax because the next time I’m going to actually have a break is probably in Jan. Seems so far from now but I bet its going to fly by.
So, for the next couple of post I’m going to go off on the whole Summer Vacation theme and show you guys what I’m bringing with me on this trip (make up, travel essentials, carryon, clothes, etc) what ever comes to mind when I’m packing.
Have you guys taken your Summer Trip yet? What are some helpful traveling tips?