I have used BB creams since ’08/’09? I don’t really remember but it was when it started to become popular. BB Cream is a staple in my collection because its what I wear on days where I don’t feel like doing my makeup but I need something light. Its one of those products that is good to have around. When this concept of a cushion BB cream was on the market its one of those extremely intriguing things that a beauty addict wont be able to pass on.
I chose the Laneige Cushion BB because it is actually the most easily accessible given that its available at Target! I’m not sure if all cushion BB comes with a refill but mine did which was really nice because this definitely does not have as much product as a tube of BB cream.
I have been meaning to write this review since last year but never got around to it so I figured this is the perfect time to write one because I just finished my first pack. The refill is very easy to pop in and out so the refill process is extremely easy. With the refill, it also comes with a new pad so if your old one was getting a bit used and old then no worries because you have a new one!
Like most BB Creams, the shade selection is not great with only 2 that is catered more towards the lighter skin tones. the coverage is light to medium but more towards the lighter end. You can build it up by layering more on but I have found that the more I layer on, the quicker my skin will get oily. Generally I would have to blot about 3.5-5 hours in because it is not good at controlling oil at all.
I would recommend this to be part of a on-the-go makeup kit because of how simple and easy it is to use. You don’t have to worry about bringing an extra brush or if your hands are clean to apply this. Although this is a lighter formulation I don’t find myself relying on this during the hotter months because it is more on the moisturizing spectrum. If you have dry skin then this would work for you but for me that has combination skin its a bit trickier. I like to have this as an option in my collection but its definitely not part of my everyday routine.
Have you tried other cushion BB that you would recommend?
Until next time,
For the Summer travel series.. lets start with makeup!
I am determined to travel as light as possible on this trip. Mainly because I’m not going for that many days so there is no need to overpack. With makeup, I have placed everything in a clear plastic cosmetic baggie that was a freebie from Shiseido. I chose a clear bag because if I’m going to be sharing a room with other girls, most likely their going to bring their makeup as well. To prevent me from sprawling all my products on the counter I can just leave everything in the bag and not have to take it out because I see everything inside already! Saving space and time from when it comes time to pack and leave.
- MAC – Style Frost blush (since we’re going to be out in the sun, I wanted a more orangey/coral blush)
- NYC blushable Creme Stick – Urban Spice (bronzing stick to fake that bronzed look before I get my own natural tan. ahah I’m actually not sure if this was discontinued)
- Lioele – Beyong the Solution BB Cream (didn’t want to take a foundation with me because I probably won’t want to wear any. But this BB cream will work for day and night because theres no SPF. During the day I will have to put on something with higher SPF anyway so bringing a BB cream/Foundation with SPF in it wouldn’t do much good as to how versatile the product will be.
- PUR – 4-1 Pressed mineral Makeup – Light (Instead of bringing my regular powder, bringing a mineral powder or powder foundation is great for when you’re on vacation. It gives you the option of being lazy and not have to fuss over your face makeup in the morning. This PUR mineral face makeup gives good enough coverage to cancel out redness and minimize the looks of pores. If you want fuller coverage then simply use a concealer with it and TA-DA light make up for a beach day.
- NARS – Orgasm Illuminator – (Gorgeous highlighter to use with a sun kissed complexion.)
- Physicians Formula- Conceal RX – Natural Light (Since both my face makeup is not very high in coverage, of course I need to compensate by bringing a higher coverage concealer for when I want to be more made up … like for dinner or something)
- Physicians Formula Eye BOOSTER Eyeliner – ( Pretty self explanatory, my fave liquid liner right now so of course it would be my eyeliner of choice to bring on a trip.)
- Covergirl – Liquilineblast – Black – (For the most dramatic eye look, a pencil liner is a must)
- Majolica Majorca – Lash Enamel Glamorous Volume On Mascara – Black ( since I’m going somewhere thats going to be hot hot HOT! I am definitely brining a mascara that will stay put)
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Glitter Liner – (just for fun, might not even use it. BUT if I get the chance to use it on a night out then I definitely will.)
- Sonia Kashuk – Tongue in Cheek – 15 (used for a more sultry night time look)
- Too Cool for School – Party Time (I bought this in Korea and I have no idea what the color name is. But I love this for day time and just bring with me for on the go because there is the cream shadow base on the bottom and two shadow colors that I use on a daily basis on top. Its compact so its perfect for traveling.)
- MAC – Mineralize Eyeshadow – Fresh & Mint – (Fun colors that can be pulled off during vacationing by the beach with a pop of blue/pink on the lower lash line. )
So that concludes the Summer trip makeup that I will be bringing on my trip. What products do you bring? Got any good suggestions? Let me know! Next post will be on Skincare!