Oh man.. August has passed already?! Insane! I have gotten a bit busy with work, vacation, and school starting so I haven’t been able to post. I am back today though with my August favorites! Even though its late but better then nothing.
I haven’t been using or venturing out to many new products this month since the weather has been rising in LA. Weird.. global warming! Our seasons are totally out of whack. Its been nice and cool during the whole summer until the end of August and BAM went from mid 70’s to 80 to 90 to 100’s.
If you have read one of my earlier post on what I packed on my vacation then you’ll be familiar with this combo. Mac’s Styled Blush and Nars Orgasm Illuminator. Together these two give you the prettiest golden glow on your cheeks. I have been in love with this and have been wearing it since mid August.
Mascara’s are one thing that has been getting used up in my collection one at a time. Since I’m not allowing myself to buy new ones until all the ones I own are used up, I have just been picking up mascara that have been neglected in my drawer. The Maybelline One by One has never been a favorite of mine. Not saying that its a bad mascara but its not one that WOWs me (i much prefer the falsies). I have been really liking this one actually. Mainly because it goes really well with the lighter make-up look that I have been opting for. So if you like the more natural separated lash look then go ahead and give this a try. Holds well throughout the day and I haven’t really experienced any smudging and my makeup is on for 12+ hours a day!
Blotting paper. This has been a MUST. With the weather being so hot I have noticed that my face is getting more and more oily as the day goes on. I have tried many other blotting paper but ultimately, I have to say that the Clean & Clear one is my favorite. I feel as though my oil is really getting blotted and it mattifys(?) my face. Best one in the market. If you guys know of one thats better then definitely let me know.
Random Food Favorite of this month is Nature Valley’s granola bar. I use to eat these ALL the time when I was in high school. But too much of one this will eventually get boring. I haven’t had one in a couple of years and recently I discovered new flavors. Say what!? Peanut butter flavored.. drool.. You guys know I love peanut and almond butter so this was delicious! It just reminds me of how good these bars are so I have been craving them for the second half of august. Its not the most healthiest bar considering that it doesn’t provide much protein or fiber but needless to say its a good and delicious snack to have in your purse.
For the Summer travel series.. lets start with makeup!
I am determined to travel as light as possible on this trip. Mainly because I’m not going for that many days so there is no need to overpack. With makeup, I have placed everything in a clear plastic cosmetic baggie that was a freebie from Shiseido. I chose a clear bag because if I’m going to be sharing a room with other girls, most likely their going to bring their makeup as well. To prevent me from sprawling all my products on the counter I can just leave everything in the bag and not have to take it out because I see everything inside already! Saving space and time from when it comes time to pack and leave.
- MAC – Style Frost blush (since we’re going to be out in the sun, I wanted a more orangey/coral blush)
- NYC blushable Creme Stick – Urban Spice (bronzing stick to fake that bronzed look before I get my own natural tan. ahah I’m actually not sure if this was discontinued)
- Lioele – Beyong the Solution BB Cream (didn’t want to take a foundation with me because I probably won’t want to wear any. But this BB cream will work for day and night because theres no SPF. During the day I will have to put on something with higher SPF anyway so bringing a BB cream/Foundation with SPF in it wouldn’t do much good as to how versatile the product will be.
- PUR – 4-1 Pressed mineral Makeup – Light (Instead of bringing my regular powder, bringing a mineral powder or powder foundation is great for when you’re on vacation. It gives you the option of being lazy and not have to fuss over your face makeup in the morning. This PUR mineral face makeup gives good enough coverage to cancel out redness and minimize the looks of pores. If you want fuller coverage then simply use a concealer with it and TA-DA light make up for a beach day.
- NARS – Orgasm Illuminator – (Gorgeous highlighter to use with a sun kissed complexion.)
- Physicians Formula- Conceal RX – Natural Light (Since both my face makeup is not very high in coverage, of course I need to compensate by bringing a higher coverage concealer for when I want to be more made up … like for dinner or something)
- Physicians Formula Eye BOOSTER Eyeliner – ( Pretty self explanatory, my fave liquid liner right now so of course it would be my eyeliner of choice to bring on a trip.)
- Covergirl – Liquilineblast – Black – (For the most dramatic eye look, a pencil liner is a must)
- Majolica Majorca – Lash Enamel Glamorous Volume On Mascara – Black ( since I’m going somewhere thats going to be hot hot HOT! I am definitely brining a mascara that will stay put)
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Glitter Liner – (just for fun, might not even use it. BUT if I get the chance to use it on a night out then I definitely will.)
- Sonia Kashuk – Tongue in Cheek – 15 (used for a more sultry night time look)
- Too Cool for School – Party Time (I bought this in Korea and I have no idea what the color name is. But I love this for day time and just bring with me for on the go because there is the cream shadow base on the bottom and two shadow colors that I use on a daily basis on top. Its compact so its perfect for traveling.)
- MAC – Mineralize Eyeshadow – Fresh & Mint – (Fun colors that can be pulled off during vacationing by the beach with a pop of blue/pink on the lower lash line. )
So that concludes the Summer trip makeup that I will be bringing on my trip. What products do you bring? Got any good suggestions? Let me know! Next post will be on Skincare!